Reason #1: implant disintegration caused by bone burn
Bone burn could be result of:
1. Wrong drill rotation speed
How to avoid it?
- You should adequately determine and select future treatment plan in accordance with patient` bone type.
- Always use drill bits or right size.
2. Wear and tear drill bits
You can avoid it if you would:
- Change drills timely. Remember, that drills service life shall be not more than 30-40 cycles of autoclaving.
- Replace drills with diamond coating after 40-50 cycles of autoclaving.
- Follow the manual provided by dental tools manufacturer. In addition, you should select proper disinfectants and autoclaving mode and use them at all stages of treatment.
- Check the number of autoclaving cycles for each drill.
3. Lack of sufficient cooling
How to deal with it?
- Use drill bits with external or internal cooling.
- Precool necessary amount of physiological solution to the required temperature before surgery.